REU Application Deadline: February 15, 2019.
- Download and/or print the Application Checklist. This checklist is a summary of the tasks necessary to ensure that your application is complete.
- Make direct contact with two or more REU faculty mentors (listed here) with whom you might like to study. You should email these faculty mentors and explain why you would like to be in intern in their labs. Once assigned, your mentor will work with you to formulate your individual research project in her/his laboratory.
- Ask three faculty members or supervisors at your home institution to write letters of recommendation on your behalf. Have them complete the online Reference Letter Form on this website.
- Complete the online Application Form. The application form asks you to write a brief (approximately 500 word) Statement of Purpose. This statement should discuss your academic goals and your research ideas and how your research ideas relate to the scientific interests of the faculty you would like to work with.
- Send unofficial copies of your college transcripts to Dr. Hadfield via email (email@example.com) after you have submitted your application. Have copies of official transcripts from the institution you are currently attending sent to Dr. Hadfield via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or regular mail (see Contact Information).